Monday, June 24, 2013

One Week Down!

So, I'm one week through chemo, and boy, was it a rough one.  

I started chemo Monday, on my birthday, at Chapel Hill.  I received 2 types of chemo that day, one through my chest port and one through the port in my side.  The cistplatin is the type I got through my side and that was the rough one.  It made me feel horrible all week and I'm even still feeling some effects from it.  I had complications from the cistplatin chemo on Monday night, and my doctor thinks she may cut back on it some during my next round.  I sure hope so, because I'm not up for feeling that way again.

This chemo is so much stronger than the last type of chemo I received.  I actually think I kind of underestimated it a little.  I thought I'd be able to get through it as easily as I did with the last chemo, but this chemo has really gotten me down.  There are also a lot more side effects with this chemo.  Ringing in the ears, hearing loss, blurry vision, loss of appetite, metallic taste, and so on... and I've experienced all of it.  And it absolutely sucks.  There's no other way to even explain it.  I can't even begin to try to explain to people how I feel.  I feel restless, like I want to do something, but I'm too exhausted to actually do anything.  It's a weird feeling to try to explain, so I won't even try.

The rest of the week of chemo every day went okay, for the most part.  Thursday was one of my roughest days and I felt pretty bad, very nauseous and really exhausted.  They gave me lots of meds that day and I slept most of the time through chemo.
 

 Friday was a better day for me and thankfully, my last day of chemo for two weeks.  Now, I have a 2 week break and can hopefully start feeling normal for at least a week or two.  Then, I'll start the process all over again.  Two more weeks of chemo and I hope that I'll be done for good and not have to go through any of this anymore.  I'm hoping that my next two rounds won't be as rough on me and maybe my body will get use to the chemo.  Here's to hoping!

2 comments:

  1. Here's praying for you that it will go just like you would like for it to. God bless You Sweet Girl and BIG HUG coming your way praying you feel this HUG when you feel bad or having a not so good day.
    Thoughts and Prayers
    and in Christ Name,
    Mrs. Joesy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you everyday! Hoping you will be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete