Saturday, June 8, 2013

FINALLY HOME!


Well, I'm finally home and getting settled in.  My surgery went well, even though it was a little longer and more traumatic on my body than expected.  I'm healing well and almost ready for these 32 staples to come out. 

I spent five days in the hospital and let me tell you, it was not a fun time.  I don't really remember my first day at all.  After waking up from surgery, I remember my family and my friend, Cody, being there, but not much else, other than the pain I was in.  So much pain.  This surgery was a lot more painful than my first surgery when I had my first tumor and ovary removed.  But then again, I had a smaller incision and only 10 staples that time.  This time, my incision goes from the top of my pelvis all the way up to my belly button, around my belly button and up about another inch.  I can't even begin to explain how sore I am.  I didn't do much in the hospital other than sleep and feel like complete crap.  And everyone had a lot of fun taking pictures of me during this time...


Tuesday was the roughest day for me.  I was jerked around by all the nurses who obviously didn't know how big my incision was and how sore I was.  Then, Tuesday night, my fever spiked to about 105 and I was so weak, I couldn't even open my eyes.  It was rough go.  Wednesday morning was better, other than getting sick and the nurses not knowing what to do, but from there on out, I started to get better.  I was finally able to be discharged Friday and I was so happy to be leaving UNC.  I still have quite the ways to go, but with all the help and support I'm getting, I'm sure I can get through it all.  I'll have my staples removed in 3 days and start chemo in another week.  Each chemo cycle will last 5 days straight and then I'll have a 2 week break between each cycle.  I'll only have 3 cycles this time, instead of 6 though.  I'm just ready for all of it to be over and for me to be cured.  I plan on fighting until the end! 

I'd just like to thank everyone for all the texts, facebook messages, cards and so on that I've received since surgery Even though I can't respond to them all, I promise that I read each and every one and I appreciate all of them.  Thank you so much!  I'll keep you all updated on my journey!



4 comments:

  1. Continued prayers for you. Glad you're feeling better for now at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. From one survivor to.another, By the Grace of God, you will.be healed.\m/,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you. From ome Survivor to another, By HIS Stripes You will be Healed. \m/,

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the strongest person I know. God has his hands on you. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete