Friday, October 11, 2013

TWO WEEKS!

Well, it's been two weeks since my third surgery.  I have to say that my recovery this time has been a lot quicker than my last surgery, even thought it was expected to be worse.  So, I'm definitely happy about that.  I've been feeling okay other than some pain in my right side and lower back.  I'm not quite sure of the source yet and I've received a few different opinions on it.  I'm just hoping it will reside soon.  

As for the surgery itself, everything went well.  It lasted a bit longer than the last two, but that was due mainly to having a plastic surgeon in the operating room to repair my abdominal muscles and mesh this time and close the incision.  The incision looks a lot better this time as well!  

I started chemo again last week and I'll be getting weekly Taxol treatments for six weeks and then starting a different drug. The new drug isn't actually a toxin like chemo, so none of the horrible side effects!  Just headaches and nose bleeds.. Which may sound bad, but they're definitely easy to handle compared to hair loss, extreme fatigue, and lung damage! 

I'm hoping and praying that this last surgery got everything out and this chemo and new drug will clean up the rest and maybe.. Just maybe, I'll finally be cancer free.  That's my Christmas wish for right now, so Santa, keep your eyes open!  I love the holiday season and it's my favorite time of year.  So, here's to hoping I can celebrate it with my friends and family AND receive the gift of being cancer free!  

I love all of you guys and thanks so much for the continued prayers and well wishes.  It all means so much to me.  I would be nowhere without all this love and support behind me.  Thank you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment